Monday, December 15, 2008

the beaches


The beaches on St John are amazing. Since most of the island is still a forest, the beaches come right up the foliage, which is so pretty. When we weren't spending our time in the water searching for sharks, we were often on the beaches.

One of my favorite beaches on the island is Cinnamon Bay. It is a long bay, so the beach is wide and long. We went there one night around sunset to enjoy having the beach to ourselves. Since Ben isn't one to sit still for long, he found some volcanic rocks, which he proceeded to climb. We had a wonderful time enjoying a peaceful evening and still warmed by our sun-kissed skin.


Ben and I at Cinnamon Bay.

Ben climbing.

Ben jumping off some rocks.
I even took my turn at climbing, although I didn't get as high with a dress on.


The sunset at Cinnamon Bay.

No comments: