Wednesday, March 04, 2009

the BEST cupcakes in DC


As a baker myself, I'm usually skeptical of reports of great cakes or cupcakes. Often I have a slice of cake and think "my own carrot cake is better than this." If you are a food snob like myself (or love cupcakes), then you MUST try out Frosting, A Cupcakery.

My friend Michelle is one of the most talented bakers I have ever met and just opened her own cupcakery. Last weekend I had the pleasure of tasting her amazing cupcakes, and I was honestly blown away by the presentation and taste. The cupcakes were impeccably frosted and so delicious that I may or may not have eaten a few in one sitting. My favorite flavors were the Cookie MOMster (chocolate cupcake with almond and Oreo butter cream frosting) and Babas Baby (carrot cake with cream cheese frosting). The menu is HUGE and is full of so many delicious options.


My friend Emily also came over to taste test the cupcakes, and we both agreed these were by far the best cupcakes in DC. The shop is still not open yet, but you can order cupcakes to be delivered. If you love cupcakes, you must try these.

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Where is her shop going to open? A Fancy Cakes opened recently in Bethesda as well, but I haven't tried them yet. I would like to try your friends when her shop opens.

Britt said...

Tiana,

The shop has not opened yet, but it will be coming this Spring. You definitely need to head there with some friends when it does, since these are honestly the best cupcakes I've ever had.