Monday, August 03, 2009

herbs de provence


A few years ago my sister Rixa bought some much beloved herbs de provence while she was in France for the summer and mailed it to me. I had been using this a lot in my cooking, and I needed more for my supply. I can't remember which mix I preferred more, but here are the two kinds she gave to me. I am on my last bit, so pretty soon I will need to make my own mix.

But for anyone who loves herbs de provence, here are the ingredients to make it at home:

Mix 1:
26% Oregano
26% Rosemary
26% Sariette (Winter Savory)
19% Thyme
3% Basil

Mix 2: (package that says "for grilling")
37% Rosemary
18.5% Sarriette (Winter Savory)
18.5% Serpolet (wild thyme)
6.5% Oregano
6.5% Marjoram
6.5% Basil
6.5% Thyme

I put herbs de provence on grilled zucchini and yellow squash, grilled salmon with mustard and tomatoes, pasta with a little bit of Parmesan, fresh french bread with olive oil, roasted potatoes with mustard and pepper....the list goes on and on.

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

nice information....