Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DIY projects that i adore

I am currently enthralled in all kinds of do-it-yourself projects. A few weeks ago Ben and I repainted a kitchen stool bright green to match our towels and a bedroom table blue, because I wanted more color in our apartment. Last weekend we picked up two incredibly cool chairs for our living room, and I spent the afternoon de-rusting the bottoms and cleaning the cushions. They look great in our living room and so much better after a little cleaning. I love the feeling of accomplishing something and even more the feeling of making something beautiful.



I am currently on the hunt on craigslist for some other items I want for the apartment. Here are some DIY projects that I love. They are all ideas I've seen at Design Sponge, which is my new favorite blog to read.










7 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

So cute - can you come make some things and decorate my house next?! I love the utensil key holders - what an awesome idea! :)

Tiana said...

Where's the pictures of your awesome projects??

Britt said...

Tiana,
I am lame. Actually I take pictures of almost everything I make, but I have an incredibly bad time at actually getting them from the camera to the computer. I need to work on that. I also need to take pictures of our cute apartment with my new touches.

Angie,
I accept this challenge. Now I just need to live close to you guys. I LOVE decorating other people's homes.

Carolyn G said...

OMg the kitchen utensil key racks are so clever! I might even be able to do those.

Carolyn G said...

OMg the kitchen utensil key racks are so clever! I might even be able to do those.

Jane said...

Great job!
I love wall decals! My favourite here this sticker http://www.cdecal.com/product/53/

Lisa B said...

I love the recycled cake stands! But I agree... we need to see pictures of YOUR projects Britt!! :)