Thursday, February 10, 2011

running out of projects

The cuteness has continued unabated for the past week, but as my husband pointed out last night, I am running out of projects. I used the last of my interfacing yesterday to make four pairs of adorable baby girl shoes for a friend (start getting super excited Jocelyn!) as well as a onesie with a little tie appliqued on.

I finally got to use the last bits of my favorite fabrics on these shes, which makes me so happy!

I decided to use the blue material for the soul, since it was just too cute. I love the Celtic design.

The seer sucker never ceases to be adorable. I used a very soft leather as the soul, which my sewing machine did not appreciate, but I made it work. (Hint: if your sewing machine is like mine and refusing to sew on some fabrics - like soft suede - then just put a piece of waxed paper on top, and voila! The sewing machine will sew over it like butter.)

Yesterday I also made a crib sheet out of the seer sucker material. A good friend of mine was complaining about how she had to go back to Target to buy an additional crib sheet, since her daughter is now sleeping in a toddler bed and she doesn't have any extra sheets. I knew she had extra fabric in her house, so I suggested we make crib sheets. So I pulled out my seer sucker and we sewed sheets in the afternoon while trying to keep her kids out of the pins and spools of thread. 

This means that I have completed my list of fun projects for the baby (crib sheet, car seat cover, fabric shoes, quilt, small quilt for the bassinet, pillow cover for the nursery). Any suggestions for new projects?

3 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

You should sell these on Etsy. I would totally buy them!

jocie said...

I am so excited I can barely handle it. They are the cutest shoes I've ever seen!

Marshall Nair said...

Britt,
Hey it's Brittany. Remember me from Boston. Anyway, congrats on the baby. I am so excited for you, and as always in awe at your talent.