Monday, October 29, 2007

With a little assistance (I don't own a digital camera, which is really beginning to cramp my style), I am finally able to post pictures of some of the projects I've been working on.

A few weeks back I ran across this easy pattern for a vintage looking vinyl purse. With a lucky run in with some clearance vinyl and a few hours of free time, I finished this purse, which I absolutely love. The shiny black vinyl is HOT and perfect for the fall.

I decided to line the purse, which is not part of the directions, but I really preferred a finished looking purse. I pulled out some scraps of satin that I had lying around and decided to gather the lining around the top instead of creating pleats. The effect (as seen below) is actually quite hot. I then folded over the top band, and sewed the lining into the purse, for a very nice finishing touch.


Next up, some of the Christmas crafts I am working on. And possibly some of the skirts I've made recently.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Very chic!