Monday, November 19, 2007

tis the season to craft


Ben has decided to join me in the crafting season that is upon us, so this Saturday we worked on his Christmas present for his sister-in-law. Ben mentioned that she loves to cook, so I suggested a cooking apron. After a trip to Joanne's we were set to get Ben sewing. (Yes I showed him how to sew an apron, but for the record he did everything himself.)


Ben does look pretty pleased with his ability. Check out his mad ironing skills.

Ben picked out the green fabric, and I found the fabulous red star fabric, which went really good together. Above is a pocket on the apron.

Ben putting on the last finishing touches, the ties of the apron.

I have to admit that Ben is a better at sewing than half of the women I know. He is incredibly patient (which I am not when it comes to sewing, ask my mom), detailed oriented, and careful. I think I captured his seriousness about sewing in this picture.

Me showing off Ben's work. I think the apron turned out incredibly well.

And last but not least, Ben modeling his fine work. Looking hot Ben!
Next up, matching placemats to go with the apron. I am also working on some craft aprons for presents.

3 comments:

Rixa said...

Ooh, very nice work. Ben definitely earns gold stars for his sewing skills. And for the fact that he's confident enough to get in touch with his feminine side!

jocie said...

props to the perfectly crafty couple...

Tiana said...

Sounds like you got quite the catch there Brit. Fabulous apron.