Tuesday, December 08, 2009

i miss being this hardcore

This is me looking hardcore. Yes, that is a rock I am standing on with only a huge crevasse below. Yes, I just completed the Inca Trail.
It's been two years since I hiked the Inca Trail to Manchu Picchu and proved just how hardcore I was. I recently looked through the pictures of this amazing trip and remembered just how incredible it was. Hiking through the Andes (over several mountains), not showering for days, laughing each time my lungs decided to stop breathing (okay, I laughed about it later), seeing the incredible views as we hiked up and over each mountain, listening to our philosopher/poet guide talk about the flora and fauna, and make some of the best memories with my dear friend Joc as we treked to the top together.
Yes, this is a picture of Manchu Picchu that I took. Our friend Todd heroically ran to the top of this crazy high peak to get the passports from our other friends so we could get train tickets. I graciously held his camera while he ran and took about 700 pictures. In return, I gave him my energy bar and water bottle when he got back. A fair trade.
Yes, this is me standing next to a llama on a cliff at Machu Picchu. Yes, it almost kicked me off.
Yes, this is me hiking the Inca Trail (you can see the trail coming down out of the jungle). Yes, I haven't showered in three days. Yes, I wore those pants every day for four days. I am that hardcore.

3 comments:

jocie said...

dude, we were hardcore. that was an incredible trip. we travel well together.

Maria said...

I bet you had some rockin' calves after that trip.

Garrett Spencer said...

dang. i remember how you sent me those pics in the mtc, and two weeks later there was the conference talk about the floating cities on the lake up there, and i showed everybody the pictures of when you were there...