Wednesday, January 13, 2010

flats

I finally have caved and started wearing flats. For the longest time I've worn small heals at work and tennis shoes around town. Over the last year my tennis shoes have been thread bare and I realized that I HATED most tennis shoe styles that are popular right now, so I decided to try something new: flats.

My first foray was a little berry-colored, faux-suede flat from Payless (man, I love that store) with little ruffles by the toes. They were super comfortable, looked great with bare feet, and were perfect with tights. (I should note at this time that I have flat feet, which makes wearing some styles of flat impossible. Meaning, impossibly ugly.) This was the first pair I have tried on in a long time that actually look cute on my feet. Encouraged, I decided to buy a few more pairs since my shoe collection was dwindling.
In a little pre-Christmas shopping with my husband, I came upon a pair of leather Rocket Dog flats that were adorable and only $15. Sold.

Over Christmas I came across an orange plaid flat from the Gap that was adorable and only $11. Sold again.

I also found my new favorite brand of shoes: Privo. They are the most incredibly comfortable shoes on the planet and come in really great colors. After shopping around I scored a $80 pair for only $30 (including shipping). I love the orange color and they are so comfortable it makes me want to cry (and wish it wasn't winter right now so that I could wear them more).

This week my last pair of flats came in the mail. My mom gave me a gift card to Lands End, which I have never before shopped at in my life. With free money in hand, I went to their clearance section and found the most adorable flats. I hemmed and hayed if I should get them in the grey plaid, but eventually went for the bright blue, and I absolutely love them. They are so comfortable, fit perfectly, and are an adorable color.

I am now officially won over by flats and so excited for warmer weather to come!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Ooo, I love those blue ones. Maybe I will have to check out Land's End too!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.