Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas presents for the kids

This year Ben had the brilliant idea to make animal towels for the nieces and nephews for Christmas. I loved this idea since the kids get plenty of toys from their grandparents, parents, and aunts, so I thought it would be nice to get the kids something that they could actually use but would also find fun. Ben and I looked at lots of pictures of the towel animals online to select our favorites and then went to work.

We made a dinosaur for Peter, ducks for Eleanor and Zari, and penguins (my personal favorite) for Theodore and Brooklyn. I was not able to be there when the kids opened their presents, but my sister Jocelyn recorded parts of Christmas morning for the rest of the family to enjoy. Here is a video of Peter and Eleanor opening their towel animals, and here is a picture of Zari in her duck, which she loves.

I am so happy that the kids like their towels so much. I am also thrilled to have married a man who (a) has brilliant ideas, (b) can sew, and (c) likes to join me in my projects.

2 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Those are so dang cute! Did you have a pattern of sorts or did you just make them up? I would love to make some of those as gifts! Did you just use regular fabric for the eyes, etc?

Britt said...

Angie, Ben and I just made up the pattern, but it wasn't that hard. We bought towels on sale at Target (really plush ones for $5-6) and then some fleece for the eyes and mouth. I will email you the directions.