Monday, January 26, 2009

the famous double chocolate chip cookies



For anyone who has had these frozen little nuggets of deliciousness, you know just how amazing these cookies are. They were first discovered by my brother Garrett, probably over 10 years ago, and they have quickly risen in popularity. When I bake cookies, I almost always bake these double chocolate chip wonders. So here is the recipe to make everyone's day brighter:

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until mixture is well mixed. Add eggs and mix until it becomes lighter in color. (You will notice that if you let is mix 1-2 minutes more than just "combined" the mixture gets lighter in color, which is good.) Add the dry ingredients and stir in completely. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

I prefer to make my cookies softer, rather than crispy on the bottom, so I don't bake them over 10 minutes. I have also found that they taste best when frozen (both because it keeps them from drying out and frozen chocolate is amazing). Try the cookies frozen; I dare you.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I am making these tonight! I love it when you post recipes :)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Mmmmm... Those look so good!

Heather said...

i shared this recipe with my sister and they loved, loved, loved them! i'm going to try them this week. Thanks for sharing yummy treats.

Mary said...

Made these with the following modifications;

subbed chocolate chips for mint chips & used half butter half butter flavored crisco...

anyway, DELICIOUS! thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

I bake alot of cookies and this is one of my favorites!!! I am even making them for Santa! It is a big hit!

Daan said...

Hello,

In search of a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies i found your webiste. i am from holland and dont know what the "c" means in the measurements.

Can you help me? How much deci liter or liter is one "c"??

hope to hear from you, because the end result looks great!

Greets and thanks in advance,

Daan
daanalbers@hotmail.com

Sara Mitchell said...

I'm glad I found your recipe. I made these last week with walnuts to some success, but I think I messed them up a little by 1) melting the butter and 2) overcooking them. I'm trying it again tonight without the walnuts and with mint chocolate chips. Wish me luck!