Friday, January 09, 2009

elder spencer

I thought I would write a little tribute to my amazing and hilarious brother Garrett, who is serving a mission in Russia right now. For anyone that has heard stories or been lucky enough to meet him at Duck Beach, you know just how much I am proud of him. We were the last two kids at home for awhile, so we became very close. He is such a hard worker, has an incredible sense of style, loves to get involved in fun activities, and is one of the nicest people I know. Here are some recent pictures from his mission.


The members in his area had a Christmas party. Can you see Garrett's excitement over his Christmas goody bag? For anyone who has seen me excited, we practically have the exact same expression.

Garrett has also put his violin skills to good use, by performing several times while in Russia. It sounds like people with musical skill is rare, so it has been a great chance for him to use his talent. Garrett, aren't you glad all those years of practicing and getting nagged to practice more have paid off?


Garrett titled this one, "On the train. It was almost like I imagined Harry Potter, but not quite." You will also notice his rocking tie. He loves ties and has found quite a few great ones while on his mission.


Obviously Garrett is displaying his stellar cooking skills in this photo, with the big knife and deal animal next to him. Garrett, I think you are taking after dad with your love of big knives.

No comments: