Saturday, June 20, 2009

my trophy wife days are over

Starting Monday my carefree days of pretending to be a trophy wife are officially over. My new job will entertain me instead of hulu, sewing, and a few new Boston friends during the day. Although I am incredibly thankful for a fantastic job in this economy, I will dearly miss the life of freedom that I have enjoyed these last few weeks. Here is a little of what I have done:

1. designed and sewed an adorable jacket: while out shopping with some new friends, we saw an adorable jacket at anthropology that we couldn't afford, but I was confident I could reproduce.

2. started weight lifting: even though I have never done this before, I have actually really enjoyed it so far. plus Ben is a great trainer.

3. explored Boston, the North End, and the Back Bay. nuff said.

4. took naps when I wanted, read lots of books, and caught up on some TV shows.

5. explored Cambridge, found the nearest public library, discovered a great discount fabric store, and tried to learn how to drive without getting lost. so far so good.

I will really miss my long days, but I am really looking forward to working in a great location in Boston with one of the best views. I guess working for the man has some advantages.

1 comment:

Steve and Kalli said...

Yeah! We can be blog friends now! I am also pretty sad about you starting work, now I have to find other ways to fill my day :(