Tuesday, June 02, 2009

we moved

Since my husband is blessed enough to get into two Ivy League colleges in his life, we finally made the move to Boston last month. After quitting our jobs in DC, spending two fabulous weeks playing in Bulgaria and Rome, and then packing all our stuff, we made it to Boston. I promise to post more on our amazing vacation in Bulgaria, but for now I will share some highlights of our new city and home. 

After apartment hunting for days, we finally decided to live close to campus, and we are thrilled about our new apartment. It is beautiful, convenient, and I love being in Cambridge. We moved in last Saturday and spent the first few days literally just unpacking boxes and trying to get everything to fit. I am happy to say that everything did fit and our new apartment looks great. We still have a few pictures to hang, but it is really coming together. Ben even let me hang up the disco ball because, and I quote, "I love you, and you love the disco ball." I figure if I am cooking all the meals for two years, then I at least get to have a kitchen that makes me happy. And boy does this kitchen make me happy. For the first time we have a dishwasher and we really lucked out on the granite counter top!!!

After we finally unpacked everything, we decided to explore Boston on Saturday since the weather was perfect. We took the T into Boston and walked along the Freedom Trail to see most of the historic sites. We stopped by Fanueil Hall for lunch at Wagamamas and then walked to the North End for amazing Italian pastries. On our way back we found an open air market and bought a week's worth of veggies for $5.  The prices were incredible!

Ben is off enjoying school, so for the meantime I am pretending that I am a trophy wife (when in reality I am looking for jobs, not spending money and definitely not lounging by any pool). I do love my new neighborhood, especially being so close the the river. Boston is a beautiful city and reminds me a lot of DC. 

4 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Wow, that's cool that you guys moved. I've never visited Boston, but always wanted to. Maybe we better plan a trip to come visit! :)

Lisa said...

Glad the move went well and I know you are loving that nice new kitchen!! We miss you here! :)

Millicent said...

So happy you're liking your new home. DC misses you, though...

jocie said...

i miss you.