Wednesday, June 09, 2010

avatar tree

This evening while Ben and I were out walking, I spotted one of the craziest looking trees I have ever seen, and I immediately thought of Avatar. The picture does not to justice to just how bright pink the puff balls were on the top.


Ben took these photos on his blackberry, so the color isn't great. But there were a few pink trees next to some white ones.

Oh, and this afternoon I learned that you can be allergic to fire ants, just like bee stings. Oh yippee. Right now we have fire ants all over our front yard, which means we can barely even walk on it. We have already treated them with some fire ant killer, so hopefully they will start to decrease in number, or at least not be all over the grass. Last night while we were putting up the hammock, we both got stung the feet just while walking on the lawn.

2 comments:

Ashley and Nate said...

Welcome to NC! Fire ants and all. Exactly where are you living? We live outside Charlotte. You should come see us. We just got back from a visit to Rochester and your name came up more than once in various memories:) Take care!
(btw you're mom gave me your blog address years ago)

Sara Mitchell said...

Those are mimosa trees. They are my favorite!