Thursday, June 24, 2010

proof

Proof of the bug problem. We kill all the large cockroaches too fast to photograph, but I did manage to take a picture of this 4 inch long centipede while Ben grabbed a paper towel and a chair in order to kill it. We included Ben's hand to give you an idea of the scale.

I saw this guy last Sunday after we were eating dinner. He had crawled onto our drapes and was at the very top. This has since taught me that no piece of furniture is safe, hence checking the coach before I sit down. Ben calls this paranoid, but I think I am perfectly justified.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I hate bugs too! When we moved into the shop apartment in Colorado there were these million or so legged fast wlking bugs on the floor all the time and i wouldn't set Ben down much since I saw them and silver fish all the time. I could kill them if I saw them, but it bothered me that they might be on my child.

Unknown said...

My officemates were also calling me a paranoid after I had some allergies from our office couch. I used to sit in the exact couch every break time, not knowing that there had been some dust left after we remove some files. Immediately, they called for an office cleaning (St Paul-based).

According to our building maintenance (St Paul-based), the one that caused my allergies where the small insects that had gone in the paper files placed on the couch. After they cleaned the couch, they called me with a smile and told me it's safe.