Wednesday, July 25, 2007

the cabin: part two

I just couldn't resist sharing a few more pictures of our cabin, this batch in black and white. Below is the sunset, which really should be in color, seeing as how that is the point, but oh well. One of my favorite things about the cabin is watching the sunsets over the lake. The water is lightly lapping against the dock, you can dip your feet into the cool water, and watch daylight slip by.


For anyone who has vacationed with a Spencer, you are aware that we don't mess around when it is meal time. Here you can see the kitchen full of three cooks all trying to get dinner done. Me in the back probably chopping something, Mom giving directions, and Jocelyn multitasking with Theodore demanding constant attention.


Here I am fishing in Musky Bay at the break of dawn. Yes we torture ourselves and get up at 5:00 am just in case the Northerns decide to be hungry. But as you can tell, we have fun.


And of course the adorable newest grandchildren, Zari with her confused look and skinny, little Theodore.


4 comments:

Kelley said...

You know, it's been 11 years since I became acquainted with your family, and it is astounding to see the changes those 11 years have wrought. Your family is beautiful.

Kelley said...

Oh, and thanks for adding me to your blogroll. And, I noticed that you love looong earrings. Do you know how to make them? I make jewelry, and it is amazing how easy it is to make fabulous earrings in almost no time at all. And how cheap it is!

Britt said...

Kelley,

Actually I learned how to make earrings this past summer! I also taught my sisters and mom at the cabin as our yearly craft project. Yeah, that's right, we have a craft everytime we get together.

Making earrings and necklaces is super easy and actually quite fun. I think I made something like 50 pairs at the cabin.

Kelley said...

Do you find that you start wanting to buy clothes to match the jewelry you make, instead of just making jewelry to match the clothes? Maybe my clothes are boring, but the jewelry is definitely more fun! Some pieces I don't even wear yet because I don't have anything to wear them with. Depressing really.