Thursday, February 19, 2009

aldi

I am an unabashed lover of all things cheap. Like getting great deals on clearance fabric, recycled leather, free furniture on the side of the road, and abandoned free-standing bars in frat houses in Georgetown that I take home and refinish.

This past weekend Ben and I got to shop at one of my favorite stores, Aldi. It is a discount grocery, but not your normal kind. It sells a lot of European and other brands you don't normally see for amazingly low prices. I love this store because you never know what kind of treasures you are going to stumble upon.

What? A jar of salsa for $1.50? I think I'll take two. A block of cheese for $1.30? Of course! V8 Splash for $2.10? Ben couldn't resist. Eight tomatoes for $2.00? What a steal! A gallon of milk for $2.90? Even better.

That is pretty much how the entire shopping trip went. If you are not jealous by my ability to find cheap deals, you should be.

1 comment:

Angie Lewis said...

We had Aldi in Wisconsin too. I had never heard of it before that! Good deals are always irresistible! :)