Monday, February 23, 2009

wednesday night craft night

My dear friend Emily suggested that we start a regular craft night to (a) help us finish all those projects we have been meaning to and to (b) add some more activity into our lives. I thought it was a great idea. Now that stack of fabric can turn into something really fun and I can use more of the leather I received. I actually have a lot of scrap fabric that I have been trying to use up on projects, so this will be the perfect thing.

Emily is also going to take some vintage patterns from her house so that we can start learning how to make kids clothing, which I think sounds like a fantastic idea. It will be a great way to perfect sewing in zippers, doing hems, and making clothes, plus we can make adorable dresses and send them to our sisters or friends!

And when I say craft night, this isn't a guise for getting together with friends to talk. We will be doing hardcore projects and getting things done! Let me know if you want in on the fun.

2 comments:

Barbara C. said...

I want in! My mom bequeathed to me her old Bernina and I've been doing some (really easy) sewing lately. I want company though!

Britt said...

Barb, we would love to have you!! It is at 8 pm at my house. Bring your sewing machine or any other projects you want to work on.